Centuria NZ and Hancocks create sustainable industrial warehouse in Mangere
Centuria NZ Industrial Fund (“Centuria”) and Hancocks, who are one of the largest distributors of wine and spirits in New Zealand, are working together to further enhance the new, purpose-built 9,811sqm industrial warehouse in Mangere, Auckland, with a focus on reducing the building’s environmental footprint with sustainability initiatives. The 78 Tidal Road property was acquired by Centuria in November 2020.
These initiatives include:
- Investment in 480 solar panels (estimated to provide c.60% of the property’s annual energy consumption)
- 50,000 litre rainwater tanks for building/vehicle washing and landscape irrigation
- Hancocks have installed 20 vege pods, to provide a community garden for its employees
- Installation of sustainable materials throughout the property, such as:
- Carbon neutral carpet
- Reclaimed or sustainably grown timber, where possible
- Sustainable cork flooring
- Environmental Choice approved paints
- Double glazing and window treatments that reduce heat and UV by up to 70%
- LED integrated lighting system with advanced energy saving monitoring and sensors
- The warehouse is lined with Kingspan Insulated panels to the walls and roof – to minimise the temperature fluctuations in the warehouse for temperature sensitive products
- Hancocks have installed two EV charging stations in the carpark to future proof our EV charge capability.
Hancocks are also committed to working alongside brands and suppliers who are aligned to their values.
This International Women’s Day we asked five Centurians to share their thoughts on being a working woman in 2022. Hear from our colleagues in Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.